The role is to profitably develop and manage subscriber data and membership relationships. The membership marketing executive will be consumer focused, provide attentive customer service and drive subscriptions to both print and digital magazine titles and creating membership clubs.
You are commercially minded and will be focused on circulation development, direct mail marketing, subscription renewals, winning new customers and retaining them once secured. You have experience of membership management, and are skilled at bringing this expertise to bear on a range of brand types.
You will work closely with the marketing manager to develop campaigns, increase retainment and engagement of existing subscribers as well as continue to bring on new subscribers. You are a strong copy-writer, with great attention to detail and experience in sending out subscription service communications including renewals. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the subscription membership processes and have a strong background in successfully implementing a membership model.
• Develop and implement a subscription membership benefits model, incorporating subscriber offers, joining up all the departments of the business.
• Review current external subscription management bureau and explore bringing in-house
• Manage the processes involved with new and existing subscribers
• Customer service – answer queries, take new subscriptions where required
• Subscription marketing documents – renewal letters and email etc. through the relevant marketing channels (digital and offline)
• Digital awareness (digital purchasing journey)
• Engagement and retention with existing members
• Data management – incl. name generation
• Attend events, when required to promote the subscription service.
• Create reports on the subscription numbers of each title
• Identify new opportunities for magazine distribution
• Lead analytics and reporting on members, outreach, marketing, and budget.
• Measure member satisfaction, renewals, interaction, reach of events, and membership solicitations
• Develop, track, and analyse strategies for reaching prospective members and communicating to current members
• Manage all other forms of circulation and distribution including newsstand, controlled circulation, specialist sales and free trial copies
• Develop prospective subscriber name gathering processes with the marketing manager
• Management and development expertise in subscriptions and memberships.
• Experience in administration
• Good interpersonal skills (relationship building)
• Well motivated self-starter
• Highly organised and with sound time management skills; capable of prioritising and multi-tasking in a busy setting.
• Good spoken and written English: competent email and letter writing skills.
• Managing and using databases
• Knowledge of / experience in the publishing industry
• Customer service
• Identifying and profiling key customer demographics and behaviours
• Managing digital sales journeys and delivering improvements based on data-driven insights
The Marketing Manager
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to RaphaellaA@paragraph.co.uk